🕵️‍♂️ Engage in discussions ANONYMOUSLY. NO REGISTRATION is required. 💬

✅ Registered accounts earn up to $25 per thread via PayPal and BTC. 🤑 Read more in News and Announcments! Unlock the ability to chat, share, send private messages and earn money per post in our community. Just register an account. It's Free!

SignUp Now!
  • 🕵️‍♂️ Engage in discussions ANONYMOUSLY. NO REGISTRATION is required. 💬 ✅ Registered accounts earn up to $25 per thread via PayPal and BTC. 🤑 Read more... Unlock the ability to chat, share, send private messages and earn money per post in our community. Just register an account. It's Free!

Question Which Nvidia 3090 to buy for Deep Learning?

Choose this one if you want to ask a question
Credits
I'm considering getting a second-hand single Nvidia 3090, but I'm unsure which manufacturer to buy. I mostly care for performance differences and low noise levels. What would be an optimal solution on a budget? I may create a rig with those cards later, so SLI is also considered.

Credits
I think the best Nvidia 3090 so far is from Strix. It keeps cooler temperatures, low noise levels and is very stable. I'd always go with the Strix brand. But if you are on a budget check the 3090 Palit or just look on eBay for good deals.

View previous replies…
Credits
It depends on if he wants to overclock it. Strix is 500$ more and is way overpriced in case he won't, and I read that it's not that stable in peak working mode.

Credits
What exactly do you mean by that "it's not stable in peak working mode"? Mine is currently working +200mhz OCed and it's a beast. No crashes, no black screens, no power loss. Running 1000W Plat PSU.

Credits
Yeah, the Asus ROG Strix is a good choice. But have you considered the MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio? It has better cooling and a more affordable price tag.

Credits
I'd go with the Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC. It has a high-quality component and a customizable LED effect. Plus, it's cheaper than the Asus ROG Strix or if you want to go cheaper. The Palit RTX 3090 GameRock

Credits
Yep, and the Palit RTX 3090 GameRock has a lower power consumption compared to the other cards, which could be beneficial for deep learning applications that run 24/7.

Credits
That's a valid point. But keep in mind, the Palit RTX 3090 GameRock has louder operation levels compared to the other cards, which could be a pain if your rig is at home and not in any other place.

w_G

Global Admin
Staff member
Credits
ModelClock Speed (MHz)PricePortsFeaturesPower ConnectorsMax Noise Level
Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition1755$1,0993 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI2944 CUDA cores, 34 RT cores, 24 GB GDDR6 memory, Supports ray tracing and AI acceleration2 x 8-pin40 dB
Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC1865$1,1993 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMIOverclocked performance, Aura Sync RGB lighting, DirectCU II cooling system, GPU Tweak II software2 x 8-pin45 dB
Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC1855$1,1493 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMIWindForce Stack 3x cooling system, RGB lighting, High-current connector, GPU tweaking utility2 x 8-pin42 dB
MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio1865$1,2493 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMITriple fan design, RGB lighting, High-quality components, Customizable LED effects2 x 8-pin46 dB
Palit RTX 3090 GameRock1865$1,1993 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMIDual-fan design, RGB lighting, High-current connector, GPU boost technology2 x 8-pin44 dB
Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity1855$1,1493 x DisplayPort, 1 x HDMIDual-slot design, IceStorm 2.0 cooling system, Spectra lighting, Metal exoskeleton2 x 8-pin43 dB

I just wanted to make a quick summary and price comparison. So here's what I currently know about these cards.

Credits
Guys, how does the Palit RTX 3090 compare to the Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity in terms of performance?

w_G

Global Admin
Staff member
Credits
I've seen that the Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity performs slightly better than the Palit RTX 3090 GameRock due to its dual-slot design and better cooling system. However, if the budget is a priority- both are great options for deep learning.

Credits
If you plan on creating a rig with multiple cards later, wouldn't SLI be a better option?

Credits
Yes, definitely. In that case, the Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC and the Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC are both great choices since they support SLI.

w_G

Global Admin
Staff member
Credits
I agree, but don't forget about the MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio. It also supports SLI and has better cooling compared to the Asus ROG Strix.

Credits
Thanks for all the input, guys! I really appreciate your help. Although it may seem like I'm considering opposite ends of the spectrum, I think I'll go with either the Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC or the Palit RTX 3090 GameRock. Depending on the deal I get for a secondhand card on eBay.

Credits
I would also consider The
You must have 10 posts to see the links. Currently you had 0 posts.
Phoenix and the Zotac. They score very closely to the Strix version. Also, there's
You must have 10 posts to see the links. Currently you had 0 posts.
trying to compare different Nvidia 3090 cards. Check him out.

Credits
since you are buying RTX 3090 price should not be a issue within RTX 3090 models, so i recommend Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC which cost around 1200$ (price can differ in different country's) so make sure to check it out.

Credits
Can you please elaborate? Why Strix, exactly? Do you own this version of the card? Can you please share your personal experience with it?

Credits
I recommend strix because u also need to build rig which require high maintainennce and you need to maintain it for long term because u are not going to change it in short term and in that case strix may help you because it consume less power compare to other and have really good cooling system and since it is also model of RTX 3090 you are not going to have performance issue, if you want more details like performance chart i recommend checking it from official datasheets available in internet. And about my personal experience i dont have a exp with deep learning but looking for specs required for deep learning i given you recommendation i hope you found this helpfull(ignore grammatical mistakes).

Credits
@ranveer I don't need a rig. I plan to put it inside my current configuration. Also, how does Sitrx consume less power? It consumes more than the others the last time I checked. You don't have experience with either the card or deep learning. Why are you writing advice on topics you are not familiar with? @w_G You are the guy who asked what GPU to use for BTC mining.