🕵️‍♂️ Engage in discussions ANONYMOUSLY. NO REGISTRATION is required. 💬

✅ Registered accounts earn up to $25 per thread via PayPal and BTC. 🤑 Read more in News and Announcments! Unlock the ability to chat, share, send private messages and earn money per post in our community. Just register an account. It's Free!

SignUp Now!
  • 🕵️‍♂️ Engage in discussions ANONYMOUSLY. NO REGISTRATION is required. 💬 ✅ Registered accounts earn up to $25 per thread via PayPal and BTC. 🤑 Read more... Unlock the ability to chat, share, send private messages and earn money per post in our community. Just register an account. It's Free!

Guide How to share a folder on Linux Host and Windows Guest [QEMU - Virt Manager]

Choose this one if you are writing a guide
Credits
Select the "i" icon - "Show virtual hardware details"
1. Select "Add hardware" button
2. Select "Filesystem"
3. Chose the virtiofs drive
4. Chose the source path
5. Chose a name for that virtual location (pick a short name)
virt-manager-share-folder-windows-linux.jpeg
Choose "Memory" and Enable shared memory.
virt-manager-share-folder-step2.jpeg
You must have 10 posts to see the links. Currently you had 0 posts.
. Chose "Core" and click next. Finish the install process.
virt-manager-share-folder-step3.jpeg
Opent the start menu:
Search for: "Powershell" without the inverted commas
Right click on PowerShell and chose "Run as Administrator"
Enter your password if prompted
virt-manager-share-folder-step5-powershell.jpeg
Inside PowerShell write:
Bash:
sc start VirtioFsSvC
this will start the service
then write:
Bash:
sc.exe config VirtioFsSvc start= auto
this line will make the service autostart at boot
virt-manager-share-folder-step4-powershell.jpeg

Credits
:love: Thank you so so much! I asked him for a direction on this when setting up my virtual machine with QEMU and he decided to create this guide which was soo easy to understand. Thank you once again! It's straight to the point and crystal clear. Especially the last part with the autostart. This is a life saver!

Bash:
sc.exe config VirtioFsSvc start= auto

I tried many other guides online but nothing worked. When I kill the machine it messes it up.

Credits
I also followed your guide but the thing is that sometimes when I turn off windows it bugs my disks in Linux and I get:
An error occurred while accessing 'Home', the system responded: The requested operation has failed: Error mounting /dev/nvme0n1p2 at /media/foobar/BA6A77476A76FF85: Unknown error when mounting /dev/nvme0n1p2
but I easily fix this with CLI in Ubuntu:

sudo lsblk
sudo fsck -M /dev/nvme0n1p2

The thing is that I'm sick of doing this. Any work around would be helpful!

Credits
Windows drive corruption in a virtual machine can be resolved by ensuring Windows shuts down completely, disabling features like fast startup, and properly ejecting the drive in the VM.

Try opening your PowerShell and write:

Bash:
powercfg -h off

Credits
Man, you are an absolute Hero! I haven't tried that yet but I'm impressed with the speed you answer. How do you know so much?